Friday, April 9, 2010

I like to jump

I got a call last night and one friend is already out of the race. I loved his thinking, too. It was so honest and well, true to himself. He said that for him running is such a personal thing and he worries that a race will change that for him. I said that I didn't see it as a true race, to which he retorted, "Have you seen me play Pictionary?" I have...


...and now you have! So, I really understand what he meant.

Funnily, I have a similar face when playing games and I guess I thought the race would motivate me to get my ass in running gear. So while it did for like 2 weeks at a time, it always staled when the reality hit me that I like to jump, not run. I like leotarded women to say thing to me like, "1 and 2 and 3 and 4. Once more! You got it! Push it now!" I am and forever will be a cheerleader and aerobics is the closest I get to that nowadays. And that is fine. I don't need bows and pleated skirts, but I do need the jumping and clapping. Go Team Me!

1 comment:

  1. Get that aerobics-loving-you to Konami! You'll love their programs, I swear! Wish we lived closer to do aerobics together...I love the jumping and stepping, too! Go, team, go!!

    ReplyDelete